Re: [AD] Allegro added to upstream ABI tracker (linuxtesting.org)

On 26 Jul 2010, at 8:47 , Miquel 'Fire' Burns wrote:
> I do have one question, does this software support two different APIs
> for a single library? If so, you may want to split 4.4.x and 4.9.x
> into different groups.

I had a similar question.

> 4.9 is a beta for Allegro 5, and there is a
> break in the API. As of now, there are breaks within the 4.9 branch,
> but hopefully the developers have stopped doing that (Yes, I know
> there's a difference in API and ABI. If the API is completely
> different, how can the ABI be the same?)

We've supposedly stopped doing that (what with being at the beta/RC stage), although the API will not be 100% fixed until we hit 5.0. So although it currently lists API breakage for the 4.9 branch, that's actually ok and by design.

Evert