Re: [AD] SF.net SVN: alleg:[13184] allegro/branches/4.9

On April 3, 2010, Peter Wang wrote:
> On 2010-04-03, Thomas Fjellstrom <tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > FULLSCREEN does a lot of the work for you, including resizing and
> > > positioning. the wm handles it all.
> > >
> > > I suppose we could switch to using that, and skip all of the
> > > positioning nonsense.
>
> I just tried it, FULLSCREEN does work better.  The Allegro window is
> positioned correctly at the origin, and on top of the panel.  The
> Allegro window itself isn't being resized; I'm looking into it.
>
> As far as I can tell, the EWMH spec doesn't seem to suggest whether DOCK
> or ABOVE windows should be (always) on top, so FULLSCREEN seems the
> right way to go.

I've noticed a difference between icewm and kwin though. in kwin, the window
is fully resized when going full screen. however in icewm, you have to hit
enter to get the allegro window to fully resize. More strangeness from X
land.

The only solution to the above panel issue I've gotten so far is to use the
override redirect flag on our window. So I guess we will have to use the
FULLSCREEN flag.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx