Re: [AD] SF.net SVN: alleg:[13184] allegro/branches/4.9

On 2010-04-03, Thomas Fjellstrom <tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On April 3, 2010, Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
> > On April 3, 2010, Peter Wang wrote:
> > >
> > > Any reason to use _NET_WM_STATE_ABOVE instead of
> > > _NET_WM_STATE_FULLSCREEN?  Not that the latter worked on this machine
> > > either.
> >
> > FULLSCREEN does a lot of the work for you, including resizing and
> > positioning. the wm handles it all.
> >
> > I suppose we could switch to using that, and skip all of the positioning
> > nonsense.

I just tried it, FULLSCREEN does work better.  The Allegro window is
positioned correctly at the origin, and on top of the panel.  The
Allegro window itself isn't being resized; I'm looking into it.

As far as I can tell, the EWMH spec doesn't seem to suggest whether DOCK
or ABOVE windows should be (always) on top, so FULLSCREEN seems the
right way to go.

Peter