Re: [AD] SF.net SVN: alleg:[13184] allegro/branches/4.9

On April 3, 2010, Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
> On April 3, 2010, Peter Wang wrote:

> > I just tried it, FULLSCREEN does work better.  The Allegro window is
> > positioned correctly at the origin, and on top of the panel.  The
> > Allegro window itself isn't being resized; I'm looking into it.
> >
> > As far as I can tell, the EWMH spec doesn't seem to suggest whether
> > DOCK or ABOVE windows should be (always) on top, so FULLSCREEN seems
> > the right way to go.
>
> I've noticed a difference between icewm and kwin though. in kwin, the
> window is fully resized when going full screen. however in icewm, you
> have to hit enter to get the allegro window to fully resize. More
> strangeness from X land.
>
> The only solution to the above panel issue I've gotten so far is to use
> the override redirect flag on our window. So I guess we will have to use
> the FULLSCREEN flag.

Trying to switch to the FULLSCREEN flag I've noticed a small issue. Putting
the mouse at the edges of the screen change the mouse cursor to directional
arrows for dragging, and sometimes I can get kwin's "expose" like feature to
pop up if I put the mouse in the top left corner...

It was a quick hack and didn't seem to actually work right anyhow, I'll be
trying again later.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx