Re: [AD] 5.1?

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 1:40 AM, Pavel Sountsov <slabode@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Secondly, there's the point that A5 is a 2D library by
>> default, and thus many bits of it (specifically the memory drawers both
>> in the core and the primitives addon) just don't support it at this
>> time. Primitives addon can be extended to handle them relatively easily,
>> but the PARALLELOGRAM_MAP probably will need to be rewritten.
>>

> What are the drawbacks of removing parallelogram_map completely?

Effort will need to be expended to write a replacement. Or, effort will
need to be expended to put the primitives addon into the allegro core.

Yes, that's what I was hoping to get some insight on. Isn't the primitives API completely capable of doing the same thing already?

And there's no need to move anything into the core... just move image drawing into the primitives addon which is more where it belongs. No reason to have al_draw_image() "in the core" when not even al_draw_line() is. I put it in quotation since I think there isn't much of a problem if those two aren't cleanly separated where it would make things harder to implement.