Re: [AD] blending regression

On Fri, 2010-03-05 at 13:37 -0500, Pavel Sountsov wrote:
> > There might be a very good reason for it, in which case I'd like to
> know what it
> > is. :)
>
> Direct3D does not understand Allegro's color structure. It only
> understands the 32 bit packed byte color thing (e.g. like it was in
> A4). Even worse, the order of the color components is different between
> OGL packed byte and the D3D packed byte storage... making it impossible
> to use a single structure for the same purpose (without making it
> driver specific, as it is now). It looks a lot better right now than it
> used to though, thanks to Trent.

We should still try to hide that from the user I think. Use an
ALLEGRO_COLOR throughout user visible structs, then convert before
passing to DX - it just will make things less confusing. And it should
make no difference performance wise - instead of having the user do the
(seemingly pointless) conversion before passing colors on to Allegro
functions, have them pass on ALLEGRO_COLOR and do the conversion
afterwards.

--
Elias Pschernig <elias.pschernig@xxxxxxxxxx>