Re: [AD] Feature-freeze?

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 4:42 PM, Elias Pschernig
<elias.pschernig@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 4:35 PM, Evert Glebbeek <eglebbk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> On 26 Mar 2010, at 11:09 , Elias Pschernig wrote:
>> > It depends on the reason why it could fail.
>>
>> Because "fullscreen window" doesn't exist on that particular platform
>> (which is the case for OS X prior to 10.5, and may be the case for future
>> platforms).
>> Admittedly you can fake it on 10.4 by making a fullscreen window without a
>> title bar and placing it above the menu and the dock.
>>
>> > Will all future calls to al_create_display fail as well? Will all future
>> > calls with the FULLSCREEN_WINDOW flag fail? Or may future calls succeed?
>>
>> Why does that matter for what should happen if you don't support the
>> FULLSCREEN_WINDOW flag on a particular platform?
>>

> It matters as to what the user should do when the call fails (quit the
> application, repeat the call with other flags,...). In this case (it simply
> isn't supported on < 10.5) I agree with your solution - just ignore it and
> create a window anyway.

One thing I wonder about fullscreen creation is whether Allegro could
detect when a fullscreen mode can be created but results in "out of
range" or other situations where the monitor just goes black?

I have this problem with many applications in Ubuntu that uses
fullscreen. The monitor says out of range and then I'm unable to tab
out. I would really like Allegro to make sure this can't happen.