[AD] Feature-freeze?

So, April 1st is approaching (again) and A5 is still almost done.
Perhaps it's time to think about feature-freezing the branch sometime soon, so it's clear what we'll be releasing as 5.0? It'll hopefully convince more people who are "waiting for it to mature enough" to actually try it.

The only feature I'd like that we don't have right now is the gestures that was discussed earlier, but it can wait for 5.2 (or 5.0.2+ if we allow new features in the 5.0 branch that don't break old code; there's no reason they should anyway).
The feature-freeze would lock the current division between core and addons and what addons we'll be including (should probably wait doing that until the current work on the transformations and primitives is done). If there are still API issues that need to be fixed, that's not a feature. :P

Features that are currently in but not implemented on all platforms are:
 * pressure field in mouse struct, works on OS X, but not anywhere else?
 * "fullscreen windows", work in X11 but not anywhere else. Personally I'm still not entirely enthusiastic about this (it still feels like you should just ask for a fullscreen mode the size of the desktop) but that's beside the point (it's there, so that's done). I do have a question about this that I'll come to below.

Things that people have volunteered to contribute but that are still pending (so someone may need to be chased up on these):
 * Shader addon
 * MAXIMISED_WINDOW flag?

Things that are broken that need to be fixed:
 * Fullscreen X11 driver (?)
 * TTF addon on iPhone (?)
 * Cmake build system for iPhone (?)

Parts of the API that still need some work:
 * It's still wrong to me that the primitives addon has a separate colour struct. I know why it's there, but it should go. Maybe it can be merged with Allegro's regular colour struct (on Windows, is it even needed anywhere else?).

Anything I've missed?

The question I have about fullscreen windows has to do with what the fallback position should be if you can't make a "fullscreen window". Does al_create_display() fail? Does it create a normal window instead? Does it create a fullscreen display the size of the desktop? I can argue why I'd expect it to do any of those three things. Actually, what vtable function is called internally? I'm guessing it's the one that creates a windowed display?

As for a time-line. How about feature-freezing after the next WIP release (in April, I guess)? That way anyone who still really wants feature X can rush it in for platform Y before then and we can fix it for all other platforms afterwards. Anything that doesn't get in by then gets pushed back to post 5.0, full stop, end of discussion. :)

Thoughts? Gut-reactions? Counter-arguments? Alternative timelines?

Evert