Re: [AD] Current SVN OS X issues

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 4:11 AM, Evert Glebbeek <eglebbk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Actually, it looks like many of the reported "Null dereference" warnings are due to the analyser getting confused by ASSERTed pointers
Right, I believe that it analysed the release code, therefore those
asserts will be NOPs. So technically it's right, there is potential
null pointer dereference but it's not very helpful to us. I don't know
if there's a way to mark the source with a comment to tell clang "yes
I know about this" - because maybe one of those 246 "errors" is real
(I haven't the patience to go through them!)
I used clang/llvm 2.6, the released version from llvm.org.
> It also looks like you (Peter) have extensive unmerged changes in your midman.m. Anything you'd like to merge back into svn?
Yes, I was in the process of improving the joystick/gamepad code
because the current one is too simplistic (and contained a bug as you
discovered recently) but I really don't have time to sit down and do
it properly. I forgot to clear my changes out and do an svn revert
before I ran the analyzer, sorry. I can try and document what I was
thinking and store it as a patch on sf.net, maybe, if that would help.

Pete