Re: [AD] al_get_path

On 4 Apr 2009, at 15:40 , Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
Thats not what the path in its name means though. Least not really. When in the context of ALLEGRO_PATH's, what path does it get? You don't really know just by looking at the functions name... So maybe it should be renamed to something like al_get_sys_path? Doesn't really fit, because some of the enums are actually user paths, but we don't need to split it into two...

Maybe al_get_standard_path()? Or al_get_standard_directory() if we want to avoid the word "path" in there? On the topic of making file loading functions (such as the bitmap loading functions) take ALLEGRO_PATHs instead of char*s, I'd really (really) rather not.

Evert