Re: [AD] Planning 4.9.10

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 2:19 PM, Evert Glebbeek <eglebbk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> but I have nearly done the
>> _al_show_native_message_box for OS X
I've checked something in but I have a few comments
1. Have I done the right thing with al_cstr ?
2. The OS X dialog 'style' don't really match up with
ALLEGRO_MESSAGEBOX_WARN|ERROR|QUESTION - basically we've got
Informational, Warning and Critical. The first two are
indistinguishable and Critical is supposed to be only for when serious
things will ensue (like formatting a disk). So I've put everything as
Warning for now.
3. OS X lays the buttons out right-to-left so the default button is on
the right and is the first to be added. So in the example, with the
custom buttons "Oh no!|Don't press|Ok" it looks a bit odd (Oh no! is
the default) But if I lay them out in reverse order, pressing OK
returns 1 which is also not what you'd want. If I also invert the
return values then OK is the default and returns 3, but then a stock
Yes/No dialog is wrong; Yes is the default and on the right, so it
returns 2 but the docs say it should be 1.

Pete