Re: [AD] SF.net SVN: alleg:[12071] allegro/branches/4.9

On Tue April 14 2009, Evert Glebbeek wrote:
> On 14 Apr 2009, at 9:28 , Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
> > There is a reason I asked for input a long time ago. All these
> > sudden changes
> > are a bit of a shock. Why was it fine before and now its somehow
> > broken?
>
> Don't take it personally.
> You implement something and at some point you (or someone else)
> realises that there's a reason to change it - so they change it at
> that point.

I'm just wondering why its done now all of a sudden, instead of back when I
was asking for input? All these changed that aren't even being discussed. Just
someone deciding thats whats best and making several whole sale changes
without asking.

> > No one will be used to allegro's api, so they shouldn't find a
> > different, more sane ordering /bad/.
>
> The order is completely arbitrary (there is no reason one order should
> be better than another, but it does somewhat depend on what you're
> used to), so I would say the best thing to do is go with whatever the
> "standard" convention is. Otherwise it gets confusing.

Well then, why don't we do that for everything then? Lets change the api back
to being a much closer clone of stdio as I had originally planned then.