Re: [AD] SF.net SVN: alleg:[11766] allegro/branches/4.9/src/macosx

On Sat, 2009-03-07 at 07:54 -0800, Evert Glebbeek wrote:

> > clean up all the pixel format conversion stuff
>
> You mean src/pixels.c?

Not just that. There's a few places where a huge array from all pixel
formats to all others is constructed from what I remember. It's just
hard to work with right now. Basically, some code re-factoring to make
adding a new pixel format a trivial task would be nice. Such a new
format would not be optimized in any way, but also there would be no
hidden errors in all drivers all of a sudden.

And connected to the above, we simply should document how to add
optimized paths for some formats. The original idea was to have a
function for each possible format combination, but that was going over
the top, as adding a new format now would mean writing a converter to
and from all other formats, so it's prohibitive. Just need to re-think
this a bit.

> Yes, that would be cool. Both would be nice, actually.
> In fact - if we have a zlib addon, do we even still need stdio (except
> when zlib is not available)? From what I remember, the two are pretty
> much function-for-function compatible, so zlib could replace stdio,
> right?
> Someone mentioned PhysFS for reading .zip files (among other formats).

Ah, yes, might be a better idea than libzip then.

--
Elias Pschernig <elias@xxxxxxxxxx>