Re: [AD] Memory Bitmap to Display blit slow?

On 1 mrt 2009, at 16:30, Elias Pschernig wrote:
Well, the very first time we want to allocate video memory anew of
course - so it's the right thing :)

And for blitting, we don't do this at all, we draw textured quads - the texture is never modified after the initial upload normally. If you draw
to a texture, we use FBO.

Yes, I realised this after writing my post.

Really the only time this would be relevant is
al_lock_bitmap/al_unlock_bitmap - they could be optimized a bit. (But in
general the question is, why would you use those in the first place?)

Meh. Nice to do, but not critical at this time. It can wait for 5.0.1. :P

Evert