Re: [AD] Memory Bitmap to Display blit slow?

On Sat, 2009-02-28 at 16:03 -0700, Trent Gamblin wrote:

> > Anyone else have any ideas? As it is, bliting memory bitmaps to a display is
> > unusable on my system right now.
>
> I believe it was Peter who already filed a bug report on the slowness of
> the memory blenders. They aren't optimized at all. They are very very
> generic. They could be made much faster, which would be easy but
> time consuming considering all the different pixel formats. Assuming
> We do blending with only 1 format (converting to and from that format
> with the conversion functions that exist), we would still need ~16 optimized
> memory blenders. So if anyone wants to do that go ahead.

The one case where you use

al_set_blender(ALLEGRO_ONE, ALLEGRO_ZERO, {1,1,1,1}) actually uses an
optimized path - it just was disabled except in release mode. I enabled
it always now (how else can you debug it?) and made ex_blit use this
blending mode, and the timing jumped from 150 per second to 1500 per
second.

--
Elias Pschernig <elias@xxxxxxxxxx>