Re: [AD] Current SVN on OS X

On Sun, 2009-02-22 at 09:46 -0800, Evert Glebbeek wrote:
> I just did an svn update and ran through some of the examples. I'll
> try to update at least a part of the OS X code with some of the recent
> internal changes/options.
> The good news is that nothing seems to have gone broken and everything
> still seems to work. Is there anything in particular I should test?
> One minor point: I see severe tearing in the updates of ex_logo,
> ex_ttf (only in the "allegro" text though) and ex_multisample. It
> seems to me that this wouldn't be expected, correct?

I don't think I can get shearing with my current drivers even if I
wanted to. Especially in a non-fullscreen application.

One thing to check out for, is the new visual scoring system used by the
OSX code? If so, it might now selects a single-buffer OpenGL instead of
double buffer, in which case all kinds of graphical artifacts will
happen.

If it's properly using page flipping, it might have to do with this:

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Cocoa/Reference/ApplicationKit/Classes/NSOpenGLContext_Class/Reference/Reference.html#//apple_ref/occ/instm/NSOpenGLContext/flushBuffer

Specifically:

NSOpenGLCPSwapInterval

        Sets or gets the swap interval.

        The swap interval is represented as one long. If the swap
        interval is set to 0 (the default), the flushBuffer method
        executes as soon as possible, without regard to the vertical
        refresh rate of the monitor. If the swap interval is set to 1,
        the buffers are swapped only during the vertical retrace of the
        monitor.

        Available in Mac OS X v10.0 and later.

In A5, we probably want this on by default, and maybe add another
display option to enable shearing.

--
Elias Pschernig <elias@xxxxxxxxxx>