Re: [AD] acodec questions

On December 19, 2008, Matthew Leverton wrote:
> 1) Is there going to be an api for saving audio files?
>
> 2) Why is acodec a separate add-on from kcm? It seems like a combined
> allegro-audio.dll would be sufficient since they are essentially
> mutually dependent. I think audio in general should remain an add-on
> as many people prefer to just use fmod (etc), but I don't really see
> the need for the split between the two. (Philosophically, yes there's
> a difference between them, but I don't see how it's practical.)

acodec only provides the codecs obviously, and it was done at a different time,
and by a different person. I don't think kcm_audio was at all ready by the time
acodec was added. Probably could be merged, I really don't have a problem with
it, but if someone wanted to use some other audio loader lib, they'd now have
two linked in.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx