Re: [AD] acodec questions

On 19-Dec-08, at 4:56 PM, Matthew Leverton wrote:
1) Is there going to be an api for saving audio files?

Good question. Personally, I have no objections - but I won't be the one writing it. ;) I think it's useful to have, even if you can only use it to output to a .wav file.

2) Why is acodec a separate add-on from kcm? It seems like a combined
allegro-audio.dll would be sufficient since they are essentially
mutually dependent. I think audio in general should remain an add-on
as many people prefer to just use fmod (etc), but I don't really see
the need for the split between the two. (Philosophically, yes there's
a difference between them, but I don't see how it's practical.)

I suspect the distinction is historical, but I'm not sure. To me, the one is entirely useless without the other, so combining them makes sense to me.

Evert