Re: [AD] keyboard buffer (proposal)

On Sat, 2008-12-20 at 14:22 -0600, Matthew Leverton wrote:
> Attached are patches that implement the following proposed features:
>
> 1) keyboard polling
>
> al_poll_keyboard();
> al_key_down(NULL, keycode);
>
> Basically it eliminates the need of an explicit
> ALLEGRO_KEYBOARD_STATE. I'm on the fence regarding the usefulness of
> this. At least it's easier to remember and keeps the verbosity down.

My vote is to completely remove ALLEGRO_KEYBOARD_STATE and al_key_down.

It's not easier to use than events, and means you randomly lose key
presses whenever the user starts typing/playing fast. So basically as
soon as you use them, your game is broken. There's simply no reason at
all to ever use them.

--
Elias Pschernig <elias@xxxxxxxxxx>