Re: [AD] keyboard buffer (proposal)

--- On Sat, 12/20/08, Elias Pschernig <elias.pschernig@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> My vote is to completely remove ALLEGRO_KEYBOARD_STATE and
> al_key_down.
>
> It's not easier to use than events, and means you
> randomly lose key
> presses whenever the user starts typing/playing fast. So
> basically as
> soon as you use them, your game is broken. There's
> simply no reason at
> all to ever use them.

Click on a window, and drag your mouse outside its bounds, and release the button. The window does not get the mouse release event, and your mouse buttons is now out of synch. Press a keyboard button down, click with the mouse on some other window, and release the keyboard button, your keyboard is now out of synch.

I personally find it annoying when a game gets out of synch with the hardware like that, so as a user, I'd prefer to have buffer nonetheless.

-SiegeLord