Re: [AD] END_OF_MAIN removal patch for msvc

On 16 Nov 2008, at 20:25, Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
Allegro on unix only supports GLX rendering. Any platform that doesn't have GL, can't really use allegro, so testing END_OF_MAIN support (or lack there
of) isn't really important. Least till we get software rendering.

I still don't understand what point you're trying to make.
Different flavours of UNIX need different solutions to get the executable path, completely independent of whether they support GLX or not. It also depends on how the system is configured (as I recall, the /proc method used by Allegro on Linux is configurable and can be disabled in the system configuration and therefore can't be relied on to always work) and what libraries and tools are installed (who know, maybe we can't run "ps" for some weird reason). So using a UNIX system doesn't tell you anything about how to best grab the executable path (other than the only truely portable method: grabbing argv[0]), having to use GLX tells you even less.

So again, I don't understand what sort of point you're trying to make.

Evert