Re: [AD] END_OF_MAIN removal patch for msvc

On 16 Nov 2008, at 19:08, Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
In most cases grabbing argc/argv isn't required since allegro checks with
getexename, /proc/<pid>/exe, `ps -p <pid>`, and then argv[0].

I know, I wrote that piece of code ;)

Someone should
check to see what is supported and where.

As far as I remember, getexename() is SystemV, or at least works on Solaris. Looking in /proc works on Linux and using ps should work anywhere, but just in case it doesn't we fall back to argv[0].

But currently, I dont think MOST of
the unix platforms have proper GL support, and I only have access to a few of them (linux, *BSD, and OpenSolaris), and I'm pretty sure only one of them has actual GL support. But then, we won't be stuck with hardware only drivers for
ever...

I'm confused. What is "GL support"? OpenGL support? What does that have to do with being able to grab the executable name?

Evert