Re: [AD] END_OF_MAIN removal patch for msvc

On November 16, 2008, you wrote:
> On 16 Nov 2008, at 19:08, Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
> > In most cases grabbing argc/argv isn't required since allegro
> > checks with
> > getexename, /proc/<pid>/exe, `ps -p <pid>`, and then argv[0].
>
> I know, I wrote that piece of code ;)
>
> > Someone should
> > check to see what is supported and where.
>
> As far as I remember, getexename() is SystemV, or at least works on
> Solaris. Looking in /proc works on Linux and using ps should work
> anywhere, but just in case it doesn't we fall back to argv[0].
>
> > But currently, I dont think MOST of
> > the unix platforms have proper GL support, and I only have access
> > to a few of
> > them (linux, *BSD, and OpenSolaris), and I'm pretty sure only one
> > of them has
> > actual GL support. But then, we won't be stuck with hardware only
> > drivers for
> > ever...
>
> I'm confused. What is "GL support"? OpenGL support? What does that
> have to do with being able to grab the executable name?

Allegro on unix only supports GLX rendering. Any platform that doesn't have
GL, can't really use allegro, so testing END_OF_MAIN support (or lack there
of) isn't really important. Least till we get software rendering.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx