Re: [AD] END_OF_MAIN removal patch for msvc

On 17 Nov 2008, at 06:58, Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
Indeed. It's not something we should ignore long term, but for right now we don't need to hold back just because some obscure unix only supports getting
the exe path through argv.

Who said anything about holding back?
It's just that ALLEGRO_WITH_MAGIC_MAIN as a configure option is not completely pointless.

IMO we should consider END_OF_MAIN not needed for the unix port.

Except when it is. :P
I certainly think of END_OF_MAIN() as not being needed on UNIX, but it's not strictly true and that is something to be aware of. As I said, it's possible to configure a Linux system in such a way that it is needed. I think at the time I implemented the /proc method for getting the executable path this was the case on Debian, but it's been a while.

Evert