[AD] renaming of ASM files in Allegro 4.2 branch

Dear Allegro developers,
I have spent some time by trying to rewrite Allegro 4.2 autotools
support.
(I know that there may not be another 4.2 release, but this work can be
reused at least for 4.3)
It is almost completed. However, there are two major obstacles:
1. The incorrect suffix of ASM files
2. Relationship to automake and libtool :-)
I tried to address the first point:
There is an unpleasant thing - ASM files with CPP have .s suffix,
whereas they should have .S suffix (.s suffix is for ASM without CPP
code). The right suffix, among other thing, enables the compiler to
guess what to do with them by itself.
I propose to rename that files.
However, since I don't have the repository access rights, I can't do it.
The renaming of files is something inside SVN so I think that even a
patch wouldn't help.
I send you a script that can do that.
It has 62 lines, half of it are comments :-). Default run is dry run and
if you want to change anything, run if with '--for-real' option.
I encourage you to give it a chance. The script "svn renames" all ASM
files and correct every reference to those files inside the source tree.
It contains sanity checks and I consider it as completely harmless.
Regards,
Matej