Re: [AD] Audio addon API / Re: Renaming of functions in kcm_audio addon

On Wed, November 26, 2008 8:14 pm, Evert Glebbeek said:
> I think that would more-or-less come down to the same idea that I
> propsed, with two (possible) drawbacks: one is that (among others)
> the name al_play_sample() is already taken, but it is the most
> logical name. The other is that my proposal suggests default
> behavior, meaning that a user can start with the "simple" subset of
> the API and transparently move on to the "advanced" API if and when
> he/she wants to. I'd certainly prefer something like that over a
> "dual API" approach.
> In a way that's what A4 has and I don't think this does it much good.

Just my two cents, but most games want to do two things: play sound
effects and play music. With your change, playing sound effects is
easy. But what about music? I'm using fmod in my game right now
because when I started there was no audio addon for A5. It makes it
as simple as al_stream_audio(char *filename) with some functions
to stop, change volume, etc. I'm not really up to speed with kcm_audio
but it would be nice to have something simple like that in A5.

Trent :{)>