Re: [AD] Audio plugin function names

On Sunday 05 October 2008 12:39:39 pm Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
> I already said whats so bad about it, it has no real virtio interface

Just as real as other libs (*cough*vorbisfile*cough*), regardless of the
ugliness of the internals. The IO callbacks are nearly identical to the
standard C functions. I use it myself to read from memory data instead of a
disk file, without issue.

> , I
> asked the developer about it and he said he added some /hack/ with a dumb
> example allowing that sort of thing, but its not part of the libs external
> supported api.

I wouldn't see it going away any time soon.. at least as long as standard file
IO doesn't have its own methods for virtual IO. Who knows.. maybe with a bit
of elbow grease, someone can help him clean it up and put the regular
filename and fd handlers on top of the virtio functionality.