Re: [AD] Current SVN broken on OS X?

On 29 Oct 2008, at 12:15, Peter Hull wrote:
Yes, that was the same thing I had problems with in
http://www.allegro.cc/forums/thread/598073/777649#target

Yeah, I figured it probably was, but you didn't specify what config files were causing that problem. ;)
It's odd though that I was able to compile it at the time.

However I have another problem with the demo app. I wanted at least
one of our supplied programs to build as a proper OS X bundle with an
icon, etc. There is an extra target for OSX only that takes the bare
demo executable and copies it into a bundle. Unfortunately it doesn't
work because it can't find the exe:
install /Users/peterhull/Projects/allegro/4.9/demo/demo
/Users/peterhull/Projects/allegro/4.9/demo/Demo.app/Contents/MacOS
install: /Users/peterhull/Projects/allegro/4.9/demo/demo: No such file
or directory
make: *** [demo_buildpart_0] Error 71
The path should be .../4.9/demo/Debug/... or .../4.9/demo/Release/...
How do I get this path with cmake?

I don't understand. How are you building Allegro?
I use the "out-of-source build" method described in the docs (in the Allegro directory, mkdir Build && cd Build && cmake ..) and it seems to work fine for me.
The relevant line in demo/CMakeLists.txt is
COMMAND install ${CMAKE_BINARY_DIR}/demo/demo ${CMAKE_BINARY_DIR}/ demo/Demo.app/Contents/MacOS
which looks right to me...

I do have another problem at the moment where every program I run closes imemdiately, but that may have been me breaking something while playing around with the atomic operations...

Evert