Re: [AD] fs-hook on OS X

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 8:34 AM, Thomas Fjellstrom <tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Right, so are those the only two places app data can be placed? Is there no
> way it'll appear anywhere else? (not including legacy unix stuff, we really
> only aught to support platform specific locations)
If you want chapter and verse:
http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/LowLevelFileMgmt/Tasks/LocatingDirectories.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/20001279
In the current version of code in fshooks,
AL_SYSTEM_DATA_PATH returns the location for an application's
read-only data (i.e resources)
AL_USER_DATA_PATH returns the location for per-user read-write data
(ie. preferences)
There is no facility for getting system-wide read-write data.
AL_USER_HOME_PATH returns the home, but it shouldn't be used as the
root for a unix-style .something preferences file.

Just let me know what it should be, then we can get fshooks merged
ASAP once 4.9.5 is out.

Pete