Re: [AD] 4.3.10+ branch

On 2008-07-23, Milan Mimica <milan.mimica@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
> >
> > I'm not 100% certain but I think it effects pure DOS exes as well. Its as if
> > noone ever tested the C only mode with DOS (and I mean pure C, with all of
> > the asm disabled including various drivers that depend on it, and all of the
> > fancy allegro calling conventions..)
>
> Someone should officially test it.
>
> The problem with reenabling ASM mode, even only for DJGPP, is that the new
> draw_trans_sprite_ex() (or what the name is) has no ASM implementation.

Does that matter?

There used to be two distinctions: whether the port used hand-written
drawing routines, and whether the port used special calling conventions
for bank switching routines.  They were conflated later when
ALLEGRO_NO_ASM and ALLEGRO_USE_C got combined.

Like Elias, I found qemu exceedingly slow and my old p233 laptop with
Win98 still on it is also slower than I remember, so fixing this isn't
exactly fun.  If worse comes to worst, we can drop DOS support in 4.4.0.
Someone who cares can fix it for 4.4.1+.

Peter