From: Elias Pschernig <elias@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Jul 20, 2008 6:33 PM
Subject: Re: [AD] Possible bug in 4.2 bitmap loading code.
To: Coordination of admins/developers of the game programming library
Allegro <alleg-developers@xxxxxxxxxx>

On Sun, 2008-07-20 at 11:21 -0600, Trent Gamblin wrote:
> On Sun, July 20, 2008 11:13 am, Peter Hull said:
> > Is there any plan to add this to 4.2? I ask because I've just
> > noticed
> > bmp.c still showing as 'locally modified' in my SVN directory.
> >
> > Pete
>
> I thought we were going to stop fixing 4.2 and just work on
> 4.3.10plus. Speaking of which, when are we going to do a release of
> that branch? Also, I think another release of 4.9 would be a good
> idea. Any interest in another HackDay to figure this out or can we
> do it here?

The problems with 4.3.10plus are all related to OSX though - so probably
need an OSX-devs hackday. About the video bitmaps problem I saw on
allegro.cc, as 4.4.0 will support OpenGL, I think we should just disable
video bitmaps for OSX. Portable code can not rely on them, and except in
Windows, they don't seem to make much sense.

--
Elias Pschernig <elias@xxxxxxxxxx>