Re: [AD] Change needed (?) for 4.9 API

On Sun, July 27, 2008 4:38 pm, Elias Pschernig said:
> What if each window gets its own IDirect3DDevice9? Would it work
> then?
> Or would that cause other problems? (Or maybe I don't understand at
> all..)

That would work, but it would mean bitmaps couldn't be shared
between devices and they would no longer be usable if their display
was closed. I suppose that is an option, and I didn't think of it.
That is actually the way the driver was written initially but I
thought sharing bitmaps between windows was important.

Are bitmaps sharable with the OpenGL drivers? Or are they tied to a
display? What happens when you destroy that display?

Trent :{)>