[AD] allegro 5 text routines and length parameter

Hi everyone,

I just downloaded 4.9.2 to try to get an idea about
the Allegro 5 text output API.  What I noticed is that
they expect a zero terminated string.  This can be
awkward in some cases and most similar libraries use a
char* with an int length, where a length of -1 means
to expect a zero-terminated string.

Are there any plans to have a string length parameter
in the Allegro 5 API?  Or should I try to change it
myself and submit a patch?

best regards,

Douglas Eleveld

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs