Re: [AD] Function parameter ordering conventions

> Just curious, was a state-based API actually agreed upon?

Not if you ask me, no.

Nothing is ever "agreed upon" in any official sense this far out. The
closest we get to agreeing on something is finally performing a commit
on a stable branch (and eventually releasing it).

The issues aren't even close to being black and white. Ask any
question, and you'll get dozens of different responses. Any one of
those conflicting views could easily be considered valid and good. If
we really want to finalize an API this far out, then a half dozen
people or so should just be elected as official API voters and be done
with it.

But personally, I think the best approach is to let the people doing
the hard work of writing the drivers decide among themselves what to
do without necessarily even creating threads like this. If something
is totally unacceptable, changes can always be made later.

--
Matthew Leverton