Re: [AD] Function parameter ordering conventions

Stephen Apostolopoulos wrote:
1) What is the status on blending functions? I can't find anything in the wiki.

The idea is to use all of the parameters to glBlendFunc that are shared between OpenGL and Direct3D. We just haven't got to that point yet.

2) Also, is the al_draw_rotated_scaled_bitmap really a good idea? Maybe functions al_rotate_bitmap and al_scale_bitmap would be a better idea? The implementation would be very easy for OGL and D3D, but I can see it being difficult for software backends. Maybe the AL_BITMAP struct could be augmented to contain scaling and rotation information, which would then be used directly by al_draw_bitmap?

There is already an al_draw_rotated_bitmap and al_draw_scaled_bitmap. Also, the current Allegro API (4.2) can draw rotated scaled bitmaps in software, so I don't see why they can't be done in software for 5.0.

As for having scaling and rotation as state in the bitmap, I personally think that may be a good idea, but it depends how statey we want to get.