Re: [AD] v/h flip for draw_lit/trans

On Tuesday 06 March 2007 16:24, Elias Pschernig wrote:
> So, it simply never was meant to do anything to blitting/sprite
> functions.. which doesn't mean we can't change the docs. (And deprecate
> draw_trans_sprite and draw_lit_sprite then? I always found them
> confusing anyway.. but would need to think more if this really would
> work out.)

I don't think we should be tweaking the 4.2 API in this way. I think we
should try to get 4.3 to do these things. ;)

> Not sure if it's better to fill in extra functions, use drawing_mode, or
> do something else. If your patch fits properly into the API (not hard
> with 4.2 :P), I don't see why it shouldn't be applied.

I do. How many 4.2 versions with new functionality do we want to bring out?
I don't have a problem with making some more, but I really think something
like this should go into 4.3.
If you really insist, we can put the functionality in 4.3 in a 4.2-ish way
so that it works and canbe tested, then it can be prettied up later. :)

Evert