Re: [AD] v/h flip for draw_lit/trans

Not sure if it's better to fill in extra functions, use drawing_mode, or
do something else. If your patch fits properly into the API (not hard
with 4.2 :P), I don't see why it shouldn't be applied.

I do. How many 4.2 versions with new functionality do we want to bring out? I don't have a problem with making some more, but I really think something like this should go into 4.3. If you really insist, we can put the functionality in 4.3 in a 4.2-ish way so that it works and canbe tested, then it can be prettied up later. :)

I agree that we should push 4.3 but its not clear, to me at least, when a stable version will be ready. This change can be made to both 4.2 and 4.3. I would really love to use draw_lit_h_flip in my game but using temporary bitmaps to accomplish this might prove difficult as I have a lot of sprites so I'm either using up a lot of memory or cpu.

It seems only fair to say we won't add some features to 4.2 until a 4.3 release is feasible.