Re: [AD] v/h flip for draw_lit/trans

On Tuesday 06 March 2007 23:56, Elias Pschernig wrote:
> I agree in principle. I just think, 4.3 isn't ready for it yet.

Quite right. But I don't think it's going to get there if we keep tweaking and
adding things like this to 4.2. I think 4.3 not being ready for this should
be more of a motivation to work on 4.3 than to put these things in 4.2.

> There's
> just no way to start using 4.3 for games currently, without being an
> Allegro dev and being ready to rewrite your code several times.

True in part, though it *should* work with the compatibility layer.

> But right now, I really think it would be nice getting out a 4.2.2 this
> summer or so, with a new draw_sprite_ex, a backported al_get_time,
> resizable windows, and whatever other useful stuff someone implements.

I agree on getting a 4.2.2, but without all the extra fluff. I'd rather see a
4.3.>2 with some more of these things implemented.

Evert