Re: [AD] Allegro unable to deal with non ascii filenames

On 2006-05-27, Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz <gradha@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> The problem is packf_open, using uconvert_toascii() (at least
> under unix). [...]
>
> PD2: I really hope I making a stupid mistake in the test case,
> I don't want to fix this mess.

Well, I guess I'm a little bit late. The changes made so far to the Unix
code are not really a solution (I get "libc encoding is unknown"). Even
if that worked, what do we do about other platforms?

The problem is that the whole cross-platform solution is sort of a
nightmare really. I was going to write an email, but it ended up being
too big with examples, so I'm attaching it all.

Rather than start commiting changes like crazy we need to think of the
correct solution before acting.  For the tar.bz2 impaired, it should be
available for some time at:

  http://gradha.sdf-eu.org/unicode_bug.zip, 11964 bytes.

Lets start the snowball. Happy holidays.