Re: [AD] multiple windows

Info on sharing for Macs
http://developer.apple.com/qa/qa2001/qa1248.html

Info on what SDL does
http://www.libsdl.org/cgi/docwiki.cgi/SDL_5fDisplayFormat
basically you load an image as its 'native' format, then use
SDL_Surface *SDL_DisplayFormat(SDL_Surface *surface);
to convert (optimize) it to the display's format.

Pete

On 8/21/06, Milan Mimica <milan.mimica@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Robert Ohannessian wrote:
> That's why in my API proposal, you can only create AL_BITMAP based an
> AL_DISPLAY (or another AL_BITMAP's AL_DISPLAY origin). That way, there's
> no question as to who owns the bitmap. Cross-display blitting can also
> trivially be disallowed this way.
>
> GL contexts, for example, are not necessarily sharable (they often are
> though). So if you create a texture in one of them, you can't
> necessarily use it on another.

We could also have a function that creates a bitmap compatible with
several AL_DISPLAYs. It would take an array of displays:
al_create_bitmap(AL_DISPLAY*, n, w, h, ...
n .... AL_DISPLAY count

It would handle the case where GL contexts can share textures. And in
the worst scenario it would create a plain memory bitmap.

--
Milan Mimica
http://sparklet.sf.net