Re: [AD] Getting back up to speed and the role of the Dictator

Peter Wang wrote:
> On 2006-07-19, Elias Pschernig <elias@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 2006-07-19 at 22:40 +0200, Evert Glebbeek wrote:
>>
>>> The 4.3 Dictator would have to get a checklist of things that should be in
>>> 4.3, draft a timeframe and motivate people (and himself) to contribute.
>>> The latter will be by far the hardest part, as we're all pressed for time.
>>>
>>> I hope that this will make it a bit easier and less time consuming to be
>>> Dictator, because the `job' is only for the forseable future or with a
>>> specific goal in mind.
>>>
>>> Thoughts? Candidates?
>>> Peter Wang and Elias Pschernig are the first names that leap to my mind.
>>>
>> I agree. Having a goal for 4.3.0 and working towards that will be best,
>> even if it means making 4.3.0 somewhat feature stripped, e.g. no working
>> backwards compatibility layer. (4.4.0 is the version which would need
>> all the stuff, but we need not care about that yet.)
>>

> I may just push out what's in the SVN repository as 4.3.0 this weekend
> (no objections I hope).  After that, I don't know.

I dont know whats going to be listed on the changelog/new features list
but if scons is there it at least works on osx and *nix. Ill try to get
it working on windows this weekend, as well. I know I keep saying this
but its really almost there.