Re: [AD] Windows unicode filename support

Trent Gamblin napsal(a):
Michal Molhanec wrote:
Compile and run this code:

#define ALLEGRO_USE_CONSOLE
#include <allegro.h>

int main(int argc, char* argv[]) {
    if (argc != 2) return 1;
    install_allegro(SYSTEM_NONE, &errno, atexit);
    long l = file_size(argv[1]);
    printf("%ld\n", l);
    return 0;
}

and check if it prints correct filesizes.

This program prints 0 every time for me under Windows 98.

As I expected, wstat is not supported. So somebody should decide if it's OK to drop old Windows or revert back the patch. (IMHO probably OK for 4.3 and newer, the 4.2 line should stay compatible with old Windows, IMHO this patch does not bring anything which would justify the breakage)

I had to copy obj/mingw32/asmcapa.h, obj/mingw32/asmdef.inc, and lib/mingw32/allegro.def from the release version of 4.2 to the SVN tree to get Allegro to compile though.

to compile SVN version you have to run "make depend" and "misc/fixdll[.bat|.sh]"

--
Regards,
    Michal

ICQ# 175762750