Re: [AD] ALLEGRO_USE_C vs ALLEGRO_NO_ASM

Elias Pschernig wrote:

And I also just noticed again in the test program that the non-asm
version is between 10% and 100% (!) faster in the draw_sprite tests for
my old pentium 4 here, so I propose to change the default ./configure
result to always disable asm, and give Allegro some speed up under unix
that way, the X11 port can need it :)

It would break ABI compatibility.
There are some functions that benefit from ASM code. I don't know exactly which one (some memory bitmaps rotation/stretching I think), I just noticed it while profiling my game. This things really need to be benchmarked.

--
Milan Mimica
http://sparklet.sf.net