Re: [AD] What todo?

We are mainly in need of Windows and Mac OS X coders to work on those
ports of the 4.3 branch.  The first thing you could do is get a copy of
the 4.3 sources, build it for your platform and try it out.  If it's
fine you might consider working on the new graphics API or mouse APIs.

My platform of choice is Windows XP.

I followed your advice and downloaded the latest repositories. I'm using Mingw (gcc 3.4.2) and followed the usual instructions trying to build the 4.3 branch. I ran into some problems and ended up downloading a fresh copy of the latest version of Mingw. After installing the dx70_mgw.zip files and running fix.bat mingw32, I got an error complaining about a missing asmcapa.h file after running mingw32-make. I tried the advice in a previous post, and ran mingw32-make depend and then mingw32-make again. This time it all seemed to work out well, until dlltool complained about "Can't open def file: lib/mingw32/allegro.def" and thus mingw32-make exited with: "*** [lib/mingw32/alleg43.dll] Error 1". Although dlltool seems to fail, the alleg43.dll was built.

I tested compiling the debug build with the same result. Dlltool fails, and the alld43.dll gets built anyway. But there's no sight of any lib*.a files.

The statically linked versions gets built ok except for the error mingw32-make spits out: "No rule to make target 'demo/demot.dat', needed by 'obj/mingw32/demo.res'. But I suspect that's the demo isn't finished yet and therefore this error is of no importance concerning the build success of the libraries?

Any idea what might have gone wrong?

--
Pär Arvidsson