Re: [AD] NewAPI Poll

On Tue, 2006-02-21 at 08:24 +0000, Peter Hull wrote:
> I vote _for_ it being state-based.
> * it will simplify code
> * it gives a better hint as to how the implementation works
>
> But, we _must_decide one system now and preferably decide for
> sound technical reasons rather than because of a vote.

I agree. If there's any good reason to keep the display target
parameter, then I would change my mind.. so really, not much need for a
poll, except to have it discussed.

> Having both systems on a sort-of-maybe-agnostic basis is totally
> unacceptable IMO.

Yes. If we have the state, then it wouldn't make sense to offer a
non-state based API at the same time.. hm, or maybe it would work, but
it would be bloat in pure form :P

--
Elias Pschernig