Re: [AD] NewAPI Poll

I vote _for_ it being state-based.
* it will simplify code
* it gives a better hint as to how the implementation works

But, we _must_decide one system now and preferably decide for sound technical reasons rather than because of a vote.

Having both systems on a sort-of-maybe-agnostic basis is totally unacceptable IMO.

Pete

On 21/02/06, aj <aj@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Karthik Kumar wrote:
> KittyKat and I were having a discussion on the question if Allegro
> must be state based (globally, like OpenGL) or not (like DirectX). I
> thought it would be a good idea to judge this democratically.
>
> Should Allegro be state based?
>
> [+1 ] For the motion
> [ 0 ] Neutral
> [-1 ] Against
>
> Please reply to this mail. Also, post your views in the existing
> (Changes to aWiki) thread. No deadlines, but please make it a point to
> cast your vote when you decide.

And the results of this poll will do what ?

I'd vote for which ever one could allow both methods to co-exists.
Is is possible to have a wrapper around a state based system to create
the alternative?
Is it possible to have a wrapper around the non-state based system to
create the alternative ?

Hopefully if both systems are popular, then choicing the one that will
allow a simple wrapper to exist would be solving both models.