Re: [AD] NewAPI Poll

Karthik Kumar wrote:
KittyKat and I were having a discussion on the question if Allegro must be state based (globally, like OpenGL) or not (like DirectX). I thought it would be a good idea to judge this democratically.

Should Allegro be state based?

[+1 ] For the motion
[ 0 ] Neutral
[-1 ] Against

Please reply to this mail. Also, post your views in the existing (Changes to aWiki) thread. No deadlines, but please make it a point to cast your vote when you decide.

And the results of this poll will do what ?

I'd vote for which ever one could allow both methods to co-exists.
Is is possible to have a wrapper around a state based system to create the alternative? Is it possible to have a wrapper around the non-state based system to create the alternative ?

Hopefully if both systems are popular, then choicing the one that will allow a simple wrapper to exist would be solving both models.