Re: [AD] Preparing 4.2.1, issues

On Mon, 2006-01-30 at 01:34 +0100, Evert Glebbeek wrote:
> On Monday 30 January 2006 01:23, Andrei Ellman wrote:
> > Are the patches I submitted for color.c and graphics.c going to be
> > included in 4.2.1?
>
> Ah, I missed those!
> I'm ok with applying them, if no one objects.

As my test picture on the Allegro list shows, I can see no way you could
notice the difference, so I don't know. The patch shouldn't break
anything, but there's no real reason to apply it either. * 255 / 63
certainly looks nicer to me in code than some masking and shifting.

So, I'd like to see some other reason than a more evenly spaced bit
pattern (I thought it is better at first, but since it looks the same,
I'm not convinced anymore - is it even an advantage?). Like, to get
better visual quality or better performance (create_blender_table is not
time critical). If such a reason exists, I'm for applying - else I don't
care.

--
Elias Pschernig