Re: [AD] Preparing 4.2.1, issues

Elias Pschernig wrote:

As my test picture on the Allegro list shows, I can see no way you could
notice the difference, so I don't know. The patch shouldn't break
anything, but there's no real reason to apply it either. * 255 / 63
certainly looks nicer to me in code than some masking and shifting.

So, I'd like to see some other reason than a more evenly spaced bit
pattern (I thought it is better at first, but since it looks the same,
I'm not convinced anymore - is it even an advantage?). Like, to get
better visual quality or better performance (create_blender_table is not
time critical). If such a reason exists, I'm for applying - else I don't
care.

Another reason in favour of applying it is to make the code more consistent. In the function _set_colorconv_palette() in colconv.c, it already uses the same method of converting 6-bit to 8-bit as is in my patch. Without the patches, there are two methods for doing this which produce slightly different results.

AE.