Re: [AD] msvc makefile patch

On 1/29/06, Evert Glebbeek <eglebbk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Saturday 28 January 2006 09:57, Matthew Leverton wrote:
> > 1) Adds an EMBED_MANIFEST define that automatically gets set if MSVC8
> > is being used with the (default) non-static C runtime.
> >
> > 2) Embeds the manifest for the DLL's automatically. Manifests for
> > other executables are not automatically embedded, but could be by
> > running the "misc\embedman.bat all" command or hacking the makefile
> > further... [embedman.bat is attached to a previous e-mail.]
>
> I've commited this part.

Couple things:

ifdef COMPILER_MSVC8
   EMBED_MANIFEST = 1
endif

If STATICRUNTIME is set, then EMBED_MANIFEST should not be set.
(You'll notice I had it in the else before, which has been removed for
now.) I don't know how makefile syntax works with multiple conditions,
but it needs to be something like:

ifndef STATICRUNTIME
ifdef COMPILER_MSVC8
   EMBED_MANIFEST = 1
endif
endif

Also, my patch was missing a subst() call:

misc\embedman.bat $(DLL_NAME) 2

should be:

misc\embedman.bat $(subst /,\,$(DLL_NAME)) 2

--
Matthew Leverton